So, I could blame my lack of posts the last month on being so busy, etc etc, but there's a another pretty good, albeit embarrassing reason. The day after my last post, on May 10th, Jon and I were hanging out at the house, looking through the rooms and visualizing the completed product. We were in the front bedroom when I took a step forward to admire the window seat. Unfortunately, that step landed exactly in the hole of the HVAC vent! My leg plunged down and kept going until my thigh (and Jon) caught me. I had some awesome bruises on the inside of my lower leg where it scraped and on my thigh where it caught. It was about as scary and startling as it was embarrassing, and I'm afraid that it might not have been coincidence that I didn't visit the house again for 5 or 6 days. Now, if you can't imagine how hard it would be to step square into a vent hole, just look at the closet vent next to you. My foot is barely smaller than the vent when lined up sideways - it wouldn't even fit if I step on it head on. Therefore, I must have been coming at an angle, and I must have stepped perfectly into it, because I didn't slip or trip into the hole. When we laughed about it at dinner later that night, Dad asked, "Was it dark or something?" No! It was not dark! The fates were simply against me! So that's my silly story (hopefully the only one) about the construction process of our house!




I'm glad you're okay, that fall sounds scary. Did that happen before we went to visit? Your house looks so great! All the details are amazing! I can't wait to move to Boise in a few weeks, I'm getting so excited! I'm glad we'll get to see your finished house in person. Have a great week!
ReplyDelete