I know, I know - two totally unrelated topics except for the fact that they both give my joy! I just got done harvesting strawberries and rhubarb from grandma's garden...can you say pie?! It was so edenic, picking beautiful red strawberries under the cover of the peach tree while a light drizzle fell around me. It seems like the very best were the furthest back, and I felt like I was five again going on a treasure hunt! Now I'm sitting on the couch, watching the sun set through my screen door, soaking in the post-rain breeze and smell.
Moving on to more practical (but much less beautiful) matters, I got a job in Boise! A few weeks ago I applied for a job via Craigslist to be a Listings Manager at Impact Directories. It sounded interesting and possibly in line with some of my skills, and after a brief phone interview I was invited to Boise for a face-to-face interview. Work here in Provo is super busy, so I decided I could only take one day off for the trip. I drove up last Wednesday night after work, had my interview at 10:00 am, visited a few temp agencies just in case, and was offered the job before I was even on the road again that Thursday evening! I'm still not sure what exactly I'm doing beyond "managing the listings" in the phone books, but I'll be sure to post more details after I start. The pay is a little better than I'm making here in Provo, and the best thing is that it has benefits, which is something we were really worried about. It's such a relief to not have a break in my employment - even the days between jobs when we're moving are covered by saved up vacation time at UVU.
We're counting down the days until we can finally move to Boise and be done with this silly limbo time. What adventures await us!
Cute blog posts, girl! I'm leaving the blogging to you from now on. I can't seem to ever find anything new to say. Thanks for the cute pics of my kids, too!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That's awesome.
ReplyDeleteHey Friend! Yesterday was... Awesome...! It is sad that you are going to be gone but I think you are going to have tons of fun up there in Boise! My counsin's landscaping buisness is called Safari lawn care (ya, I was totally off on the name...) Their phone number is (whatever area code Buise has)562-1500. Anyway, My cousin is named April and her husband Jeff runs the buisiness. Anyway, have tons of fun in Idaho and think of me... think of me fondly... JK! Miss you!
ReplyDelete