Sunday, June 28, 2009

Boise!

Tonight is the 10th night we've been Boiseans. I'm not sure I ever really stopped being a Boisean while living in Provo, but now I'm definitely on full-time status. :) This week has been a blur, and I can hardly believe how much has happened since the move began. Last Thursday, the 18th, we did most of our packing and some friends came over and helped us load the Penske truck we rented. Jon was pretty excited to be in command of such a huge machine, though the excitement sure wore off after driving it the 6 hours to Boise on a very windy afternoon. However, we made it safely and rolled into town around 9:00 pm.

Jon and some of our awesome movers, Weston and Cody. Cody worked as a professional mover for a while, so he was an invaluable help.


Jon with the HUGE Penske - we got the biggest because it was the cheapest, and we shared with Jon's business partner Russ. Boys will be boys!

Saturday was busy unpacking the truck, organizing things, and resting. Mom and Dad came into town on Sunday for some meetings and Mom was a huge help to me on Monday morning as we organized the kitchen. Jon and I are so lucky and blessed to be living in this home, and we're so grateful for my parents. So Monday and Tuesday was unpacking and organizing for me, while Tresidio had it's first day of business on Monday. They had a great first week and things are really looking up for this fledgling business. Running the business from our house isn't as bad as i thought it would be - they've made quite a war room out of the media room on the 2nd level, and set up a nice conference room in my old bedroom above the garage, complete with a huge $3 whiteboard that I found at the UVU surplus sale. Part of me thinks that having the office in the house was a factor in Jon's 75-hour work week, but things will hopefully even out a little as the business finds its groove.


I started my new job at Impact Directories on Wednesday, and after an overwhelming first day, things started to click by the end of the week. The work will be challenging but manageable, and i think it'll be nice to not be the center-of-attention secretary for once. I have a cubicle in the back of the office, I can come and go whenever I want, and while I have supervisors, nobody really keeps tabs on me. I can just hunker down and do my thing. Oh, and by the way, my "thing," which I wasn't too clear on when I accepted the position, is to manage all of the phone book listings that are free, or not a contracted (paid for) listing. This includes all of the residential listings and quite a few businesses in both the white and yellow pages. We have 17 books we produce for areas in Idaho, Colorado and Washington. Luckily, i started right after the Boise phone book (our largest) left our department's hands, and I'm being trained on our smallest book - Smoky Hill, Colorado. Smoky Hill isn't even a city, it's an area of outlying communities in rural Colorado, so I'm definitely getting eased into my job.


One more momentous event in the midst of this week - we celebrated our third anniversary! I can't believe how quickly time flies, and I'm happy to report that we're more in love than ever! Kinda funny how this anniversary fell at the same time we moved to the seventh residence we've had since we were married. Crazy, huh? We had a pretty low-key day (it was the second day of business for Tresidio and the day before my first day at Impact), but we hope to steal away for a weekend next month sometime.

I think that's about it for us...talk about a busy week! We're so happy to finally be in Boise, and to finally be in one place for an indefinite period of time!

4 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! Congrats on getting all moved in! Jon and I are closing on our house tonight so we will get the fun of renting a truck and moving too... Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the move! I can't believe you lives have started! hahahahah I mean your REAL lives...hahahah I mean....you two are growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy! I was just thinking about you today and hope that things are going well for you guys. It sounds like you are getting settled and enjoying things in Boise! We miss you here, be sure to come say hi when you are down here again. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that Jon liked driving that huge Penske truck. We thought it was the worst thing ever to be responsible for such a large truck... haha... How have things in Boise been recently? Is Jon still working crazy hours? Are you liking your job? So many questions... We just got to San Francisco. It's been okay so far. Still trying to get settled.

    ReplyDelete