Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

First of all, I've decided either blogger is a stupid program or I'm a stupid user - why is it so hard to format my silly pictures and add text? Can't I make the pictures appear side by side rather than one on top of another? Why do they have to make this creating window so small? How do I change my font to something cute rather than one of the boring 8 offered?

Ok, so now that that rant is over, let's talk about Memorial Day weekend. What a blast! So many little ones, so much fun! It was awesome to be able to see my sisters and their kids - especially Suzie and Aubrey who live so far away. We missed Carl and Rick though, and hope they had a successful weekend selling! I've posted a ton of pictures from my picture-taking escapade on Saturday. I realize that no one outside of my family really cares to see them, but I've decided to make this blog more like a journal than a public display of "everything Hastings," so here goes. Because I couldn't figure out a good way to upload all of my pictures, they're kind of backwards - starting with the ride home from the park to the beginning of our adventures at the zoo.

On the way home from the park, Cameron started making funny faces that were too cute not to capture on camera. Me and him and Eva were all sitting in the back seat, so these pictures are pretty close range, but they turned out cute anyways.


Then Eva started to join in on the funny faces. Isn't she so cute with that little tongue of hers?! And Cam couldn't stay out of any picture I took - he was always trying to sneak in.


The partners in crime make their silly faces at the same time


Super-Grandpa and Super-Grandma take a rest at the park while the grandkids fish. You sure can see where we all get our good looks! We are so lucky to have such awesome parents and grandparents.


Sweet Adam flashes his cheesy smile while he watches cousins fish. Adam and I definitely bonded during this visit. Around 4 in the morning on Saturday, I was out sleeping on the couch in the family room and he comes running straight toward me. He caught me in a huge bear hug with his arms around my neck, and he wouldn't let me go so we fell asleep like that. It wasn't very restful, as you can imagine, but I wouldn't have traded those few hours for anything. It's amazing how good and right it feels to have a small one fall asleep on you, and I can't wait until I experience it with one of my own.


Mark helps grace reel in the fishing pole. Unfortunately, the only thing we caught was a bunch of seaweed! The pond hadn't been cleaned yet this season, but the kids had a blast anyways.


Brian helps BethAnne fish

I caught this picture of Aiden and his mom from underneath the deck they were standing on. He was so sick this weekend, but still had fun taking his turn with the fishing pole.


Eva takes her turn fishing


Cam started out with the pole in his hands, but his dad was quick to take control when he felt a bite! Too bad they didn't end up catching anything.


Me and my buddy Adam strolling in the zoo. Right after this picture Adam proceeded to try and get off of my shoulders by himself and nearly succeeded in landing on his head! Good thing Grandma was there to save the day - I only had time to grab a shoe that didn't have a foot in it anymore!

Cameron acting like the monkeys he saw at the zoo

Pretty Aubrey takes a rest while we look at birds and the boa constrictor.


I was probably more excited than any of the grandkids to see a peacock with its feathers fully open. How beautiful! Then the peacock started vibrating his feathers, which was so cool. We couldn't tell if it was an act of agression or if it was a mating trick, but it was sure neat.


BethAnne in front of the peacock - the fact that it's not a great picture of either is a tribute to my photography skills. I should really leave photography to Lisa!


So I asked Adam to pose in front of the turtle and smile, and this is what I got. He looks like he's bawling, but really I just barely missed his cheesy grin before he turned away. Again, Chrissy: photographer extraordinaire. :)


Cam and Ty pose in front of a cool-looking pheasant. Can't see the pheasant? Well, it took so long for me to get the silly boys to face me and smile that the pheasant was long gone. Strike 3! Does that mean I'm out?

Thus concludes the photo journey of the amazing adventures of the Baker Family at the Logan zoo and fishing pond.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures and commentary! Thanks so much for sharing! It was great to see you and everyone last weekend! Good luck with your future blogging, I hope it gets less frustrating. :)

    ReplyDelete