Sunday, August 16, 2009

For Diana

I've been meaning to post for ages now, and the only reason I didn't procrastinate it again tonight is because I promised my good friend Diana I would post by the end of day today. Now she just has to keep up her end of the bargain and post on her blog - only 3.5 hours left! I feel like I'm always saying it, but life has been so busy lately. Does life ever stop being busy? :) My sisters and mom are probably shaking their heads as they read this, smiling at my naivety.

The business has been going great and I'm so proud of my man. Yesterday I got to see the bathroom remodel they're working on next door as well as the home they're building in South Boise (Victory and 5 Mile for those of you who know the area). It's an incredible feeling to see the fruits of all of their labors - especially to see the product of Jon's designs. To see it go from paper, to sticks and bricks, to a beautiful product - now that's "livin' the dream." This home they're working on is going to be in the "Fall Collection" - like the Parade of Homes - so hopefully they'll get some leads from that. Also, thanks to the fabulous talents of Lisa, Tresidio now has a fully functional website that you can check out at www.tresidio.com.

Life has been a little less exciting for me - building phone books isn't quite as fun as building houses, but I know that it's a huge blessing to even have a job. I'm almost done with my second complete book (Yakima, WA), and it's one of the largest, so that's an accomplishment. I'm trying to get into a better routine so that I can get everything in that I want to every day, but I'm still working out the kinks. Somehow naps seem to get in the way of being productive some days... :) However, I am doing pretty good at working out a couple of times a week, which is a good accomplishment for me.

So, not a super exciting update, but that's what's going on with us. We look forward to having mom come back to Boise next week and the fun times we'll have together. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Chrissy! It's great to hear how you guys are doing! You probably are very busy with work and stuff. Being on partial bed-rest is not very busy, but I'm looking forward to the time when I can be busy again. Being a full-time mom is a different kind of busy, so it's hard to compare it with other stages of life. It's not as frantic as some times of life, but maybe more draining in some ways. How did Jon get his house in the Fall Collection? That is very cool! I wonder if Mom's neighbor would let you take pictures of the remodel job they did on her bathroom. It would be fun to see the finished product. And make sure you take pictures of the house Jon's doing when it's done, and pass them along. We're very proud of you guys! Have a great week! Love, Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked on Sunday if you had posted yet and I saw you hadn't, but I guess you did it at the end of day, and I failed the challenge...do you forgive me? Haha I will post today WITH pictures so that should make up for it, right?? :) I love you tons and miss you just as much!

    ReplyDelete