Monday, February 25, 2013

Summer 2012

I found these pictures from last summer and it brought back such good memories!  While I think I'm doing a lot better at taking pictures, I obviously have much room for improvement because I have no record of a few of our trips and adventures.  Highlights from summer 2012 include:
  • Jon going to Moab to jeep with our brother-in-law Brian and nephews Brian and Cameron while Lisa and I hung out in Logan, painted a crib and planned a business (which may or may not ever come to fruition)
  • Spending a long weekend in Omaha, where we relaxed, shopped and ate lots good food
  • 4th of July in Logan, "helping" with new baby Josh (aka holding all the time to get my baby fix!), going to the water park, watching and setting off fireworks, and lots of girl-talk
  • Lisa and kids visiting the week after I went to her - she had to show off the baby to the rest of the family!
  • Hastings family reunion in Park City with Jon's parents and siblings.  They rented a house up there and we had a blast catching up, swimming, shopping at the outlets, doing the alpine slide, playing games, and visiting temple square.
  • Suzie visiting Boise - always love to have her!  A fun time where we played with the kids, visited, and pretended she lived close until we had to send her off again!
  • Mini Baker reunion in Logan with all of the siblings for a weekend, and even Grandma, Aunt Diane and cousin Annie came for an afternoon.  We had a blast on the slip-and-slide, including the daredevil two-year-old twins!  
  • My cousin Andrea's wedding in Salt Lake, followed the next day by Jon's cousin Jake's wedding.  We got to see Jon's parents for the afternoon and have lunch with some of his aunts and uncles and grandparents.
After a busy yet fun summer, we swore off traveling for a few months so we would be well-rested for Thanksgiving in San Francisco!  That post is coming as soon as I get pictures off of Jon's phone!


Playing in the water at Grandma's house

A close-up on Joy - I love that gleeful face!  It reminds me of doing the "rainbow" with the hose when I was a kid!
Mom helping to towel the girls off
I love this picture of Josh at the water park.  He was about one week old and it was blazing hot outside so we were all worried about keeping him cool enough.   Lisa was trying to hydrate him with the water bottle and I thought he looked like a baby calf being bottle-fed. Don't you agree?
Me holding the little guy.  He's so big now I can't believe he was ever that teeny!

Adam insisted on getting a picture with his baby brother before we left the water park
Adam's got a grin from ear to ear after going down the scary steep slide!  He's so brave!

Adam and his mom being monkeys at the park near grandma's house
Pretty Joy riding a horse at the same park

While Lisa was visiting we all went to Roaring Springs one afternoon.  So hot but lots of fun!  I think I went down almost every slide, all with different nieces and nephews.  Not sure where Ty and Cam were for this picture...

I love how Grandma and Grandpa have scripture study with the boys when they stay at their house.  They are the best grandparents ever!

And finally a sweet picture of baby Josh, taken probably around 6 weeks of age.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! It's fun to see some pictures of my kids that I haven't seen. You have such adorable nieces and nephews and you're such a great aunt! I also took another look at those Fisher pictures and the one of him pouting is so funny. So much personality in such a cute dog!

    ReplyDelete