Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An Amazing Birthday!

My birthday was last week and it was one of the best ever! Who knew that 23 could be such an awesome birthday? My co-workers/friends made me feel very loved at work with flowers, a decorated cubicle, chocolate cake, and gifts. Then the fam went out to Red Robin for dinner (one of my favorites) and mom made her amazing darn-good-chocolate-cake with raspberries and ganache. Jon went all out with my presents this year and I feel like a princess the way he pampers me! First, he told me that we were going to go to Cascade for the weekend - a huge treat because Jon's been so busy with work, even on Saturdays. It was so good to just sleep in, watch the Olympics, and relax.

We stayed at the Ashley Inn - rated the 2nd best place to stay in Idaho.

This was our suite - the Turret Suite

I thought that was going to be my only gift (which was more than enough) but then on the night of my birthday Jon gave me a Kindle! I've wanted one for over a year, ever since I heard of them, and I love it! It's so nice to have all sorts of books at my fingertips, and to read the huge classics on something the width of a pencil! I also love having my scriptures on them and not having to struggle with a big quad as I read laying down in bed.


I also heard from all of my siblings on my birthday, which was super thoughtful. So there's my short recap of my awesome birthday! Thanks to all of my family and friends and sweet hubby for making it one of the best ever!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful birthday, which is just what you deserve! I don't think I could ever get used to reading off a Kindle, but they're supposed to be super popular. I love you!

    ReplyDelete