Thursday, November 12, 2009

Time for an update

Hello! I figured that two months is way to long to go without a post, so I'm finally buckling down and doing it! I've sat down before to write a post, but I was usually sad and/or pessimistic at those times, and who wants to read a downer? Therefore, I choose to start this entry with good news. Jon and his partners close on their first house tomorrow! If you didn't get a chance to see pictures, you can check them out at http://www.tresidio.com/model/. This home was a hit at the Fall Collection Parade of Homes, and they have a lot of leads from the event. Business is going really well, and their goal is to build 12 homes next year! I'm so proud of my man!

In other news, I am scheduled to have surgery on Tuesday for the herniated disc in my lower back. I've had pain and numbness in my left leg for about two months now, and an MRI revealed that my nerves are being affected by some rogue disc material that has been squeezed out of its proper casing. Ok, so that's a really simple way to describe what's going on, but hopefully you get the gist. I'm not very nervous about it - the doc said the procedure should take less than an hour and the recovery time won't be that bad. We're in between book deadlines at work, so there shouldn't be too much stress there in terms of taking a week or so off. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Congrats to Jon on his first house sale! The house looks gorgeous! I loved the pictures! When I went to the Tresidio home page I couldn't find a link to the model home (I pasted the link into the browser to look at the pictures). Make sure there's a link from the home page to the model home pictures because it's impressive. Good luck on your surgery. We'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the house! Jon is so talented. I'm sorry to hear about the disk; we'll be praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had no idea you had a blog! i'm glad i found you! :)

    ReplyDelete