Well, despite an absolutely terrible BYU football game, Jon and I had a nice weekend just getting away. We dropped by and saw Grandma Margaret and Sterling before the game and then headed to the stadium. It was fun to see Brendan and his fiance Kristen, but that was about the only fun thing during those long 3.5 hours. I took a picture of the first play of the game, hoping it would be the first of a game-full of defensive stops, but boy, was I mistaken! But enough about the game. That evening we drowned our sorrows in sushi (a new favorite of mine) and had a great time visiting with Dad and losing to him in speed scrabble. By the time we got home on Sunday afternoon, it was hard to think about getting back to the grindstone, but that's where we are!
Jon is working harder than ever with his partners, both finishing up their parade house and trying to get more jobs. The Fall Collection Parade of Homes begins a week from this Saturday, and I'm so excited to see the final product! Alyssa and I are on cookie duty during the Parade, baking batches of cookies to make the house smell like a home and to serve to people on the way out. Work is busy for me, with lots of books due within days of each other. I'm liking it better,
though, and I'm excited for my benefits to finally kick in on October 1st. We just keep a prayer in our hearts everyday that nothing bad will happen to either of us until then!
Speaking of accidents, remember my caving incident 6 years ago? My back has been acting up lately, and on Sunday and Monday it was so bad I could barely bend over at all. I went to a chiropractor that Jon knows through a business leads group, and he was pretty shocked at how screwed up my back is. He did these scans and an x-ray, and I guess the long and short of it is that I have a ton of tension and energy in my back muscles which makes me sore. My hips are also turned up funny because of how I've adjusted my posture over the years to compensate for my back pain. Interesting, huh? So now I have to work on standing different, without thrusting out my hips like I usually do (which is harder to change than it sounds). Maybe a few more adjustments will get me feeling better, but today my neck is sore from him almost wrenching it off yesterday. :) I went in hoping for drugs, but I guess chiropractors are more into the "holistic" stuff that I'm still working on buying into. I just read over this section, and it kind of sounds like I'm trying to throw a pity party, but really I just think it's all pretty interesting. I mean, who knew you could have bad posture even if you weren't slumping your shoulders? And being able to read the energy in your back? I'm still wrapping my head around that one.
So that's about it for the Hastings family. I love autumn-time, but it's weird that neither Jon nor I went back to school at the beginning of this month. I think I had worse withdrawls this year than last year about not being in school, but maybe that's just because my memories of writing papers until 3 in the morning are fading. :) I guess we're just growing up, and now fall means something different in our lives right now. As soon as I wrote that I tried to think what fall does mean now, but I couldn't really come up with anything profound. Whatever, fall can just mean contentment I suppose. Here's our pictures! Enjoy!
My favorite pic of Jon and I from the trip
Sterling kept taking pictures in an effort to get one without Jon squinting, but I'm not sure I like this one that he finally captured. It does show you my hair, though, which Lisa wanted to see.
With Grandma...Isn't she beautiful?
At the game, before it started and we were still happy
Brendan and Kristen - Congratulations!
That first play that foreshadowed our doom...
Way cute hair!!! You are adorable! Thanks for the post and the pictures. Sorry about the bad football game. It will be something to chuckle about in years to come. I hope your back feels better soon. Love you tons!
ReplyDeleteLove love your hair!! I miss you a lot and hope your hubby gives you nice and relaxing back massages :) Happy Fall!
ReplyDelete-Diana
I love your pics. I really like your hair that length. It reminds me of someone else's, but yours looks a ton better! I need to add you to my blog list so I see your posts sooner. Good luck with your back!
ReplyDelete-Lisa