Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thanksgiving in Boise!

I'm a little slow to post, but we had a wonderful Thanksgiving when Jon's family came into town. Doug, Diana, Katie and Aaron got in Wednesday night and were able to stay until Monday morning, and Brendan and Kristen side-tripped to see us on Saturday after spending Thanksgiving in Idaho Falls. It was so great to see everyone, relax, shop, and show off Jon's homes to his family. It was Diana, Katie and Aaron's first time in Boise, and Doug's first time since he served a Spanish-speaking mission here over 30 years ago! Diana helped me cook my very first Thanksgiving dinner, and after fretting about getting everything cooked right and properly, the only dish that didn't turn out was the easiest - jello! I guess I put too much water in and it didn't set up in time, but we just ate it with another meal instead. I wish we would have taken more pictures while they were here, but I'm glad that I got a shot of Doug teaching Jon how to carve the turkey (with some help from YouTube as well).

I love this time of year and am fully entrenched in the holiday spirit. We bought a new pre-lit tree during the Thanksgiving sales and I love to cozy in front of the fire with my lights on, reading a book. It has been a busy week with delivering my homemade salsa to neighbors and friends, coordinating a pie-baking activity where he made 50 pies for the Boise Rescue Mission, and trying to get ready for an 8-day trip to Belize! We are going with Steven and Lauren (Jon's brother and his wife) and leave in approximately 6 hours. We are driving to San Fran first and flying out of there because it was cheaper. I am committed to taking tons of pictures and will post them as soon as we get home. Love you all and Merry Christmas!






1 comment:

  1. I especially love the picture of you and Jon. I hope you have a wonderful trip. We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete