First of all, we have absolutely loved watching BYU basketball together this season, especially because of the Jimmer. Ever since I met Jon, he has gradually transformed me into a sports fan, particularly BYU sports. But not only do I watch BYU games, I watch any game that may affect BYU in the rankings or that might just have some good teams playing in it. It is not uncommon to find me doing housework with ESPN in the background, just so I can keep up on the latest scores. Or to text Jon on a Saturday afternoon after a top 10 team just lost, so that he can stay on top of things during client meetings. What have I become?! A sports fan, I guess, and I'm really quite happy with it. From the beginning of our marriage, I took the attitude, "If you can't beat it, join it," and now sports is one of the most fun things we enjoy doing together.

Next, we've had company for the past two weekends, and had a blast. First, Jon's brother Brendan and his wife Kristin came and visited from Provo. It was fun to have some personal time with them outside of the larger family setting, and we had a great time playing games, going out to eat, watching a movie, and seeing some of Jon's homes. Then this last weekend we hosted Lisa and Brian and their boys who came to town for our niece BethAnne's baptism. We always love having the Llewellyns in our home, and her sweet boys make me excited for when we have kids of our own. I caught this shot of Cameron, Adam and Brian the last night they were here - Cameron actually fell asleep in that position and stayed there was a least 2 or 3 hours! We are so grateful to have great siblings on both sides of our family, and that they are good friends as well as family.
The wall behind my computer in my office nook - I covered cork boards with fabric to create a fun bulletin board
This clock was inspired by my friend Lindsay. I found a piece of scrapbook paper that matched my bathroom towels, covered the face of the clock, and then spray painted the frame black. I thought not having numbers would drive me nuts, but I'm used to it now and it looks great in our master bath
The dresser. I spent a lot of time on this dresser and a matching nightstand, sanding out some the undesirable embellishments and then spray painting them black. They turned out pretty well, though our brown accent wall is now screaming for a change to match the black furniture.
The "before" shot of the dresser
A quick note about my birthday: Jon absolutely spoiled me, outdoing himself as usual. He sent me these gorgeous flowers at "work," bought me diamond earrings, and took me out for the fanciest steak dinner I've ever had. He is so good to me! He works so hard for our family and is doing a brilliant job with his business, yet he still makes time to make me feel special.
Thanks for the update. I love the flowers! And your craft projects are very nice! I'm going to have to get crafty and make some accent pellows soon. Love you tons!
ReplyDelete