Sunday, October 17, 2010

2 jobs to 1

Hello! Halfway through October already! Isn't Fall the most glorious season? I love the colors, the smells, even the crisp air (at least while its not too cold). This weekend marks the end of a busy time for Jon and I. Today was the last day of the Fall Parade of Homes, which was a great venue to get Tresidio's name out there and let the public view their amazing product. The home in the parade was probably my favorite yet, with some gorgeous finishes and a killer floorplan, complete with a hidden room behind an art niche in the entry! You can find pictures of the home here.

As for me, Friday was my last official day at Impact Directories. I haven't posted much about my work life these past months, but in May I was given the opportunity to work from home for an insurance company that provides general liability insurance for small construction contractors. I make calls to verify information on their applications, and I really enjoy talking to people in that line of work (who woulda' thought - me liking construction guys?). It's right up my alley, and I have a perfect computer nook to work from in out new home. Unfortunately, the timing was terrible when the opportunity came up, because I committed to work in Payroll at Impact for a girl who was about to go on Maternity Leave. I decided to work both jobs until our Payroll manager came back to work, which is tomorrow! It's been crazy, working 50+ hours a week, and I'm so excited to slow things down and just work from home. I'm domestic at heart, and working from home will give me the opportunity to keep up on laundry, housework, cooking regular meals, and maybe even getting crafty!

So that's a Readers Digest version of our life right now. Love you all and happy autumn!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Way to go working 2 jobs! I worked from home over the past year and I didn't really like it. haha But we both know I am NOT a domestic at heart! I am so happy for how well everything is going for you guys!

    ReplyDelete